20041023

you know that guy up there in the middle of the cross? yeah, that's right... it's jesus!

so, some pretty pseudo-weird stuff happened to me last night... i went to sloppy sam's to have a drink after a long day and suddenly i'm being asked if i speak italian... 'yes, i speak a little...', i reply. with no delay, a young woman with a large microphone starts asking me questions about halloween while a young man behind a small camera with a very very very bright light films this encounter. i later find out that i was being interviewed for fox international's special on halloween... the terrible thing about it is that i sound like an imbecile when i speak italian... picture a four-year-old with a speech impediment [as i apparently have a very spanish accent when speaking italian] and there you have it... i have the italian vocabulary of a toddler... it's terrible... i know that people are going to watch that segment [if it even gets put on t.v.] and say 'wow, look at that unattractive, chubby american girl butcher our beautiful language...' ugh. ...

second pseudo-weird thing: i walk up to the bar for another white russian because 1] i'm feeling very 'dudical', and 2] after my rather embarrassing performance on camera, i really needed another drink... [it would have only been my third for the night...] so... drunk smooooooze walks up to the bar right after the very nice bartender hands me my very good-looking white russian and he totally knocks my drink out of my hand - so i am now covered in white russian, literally from head to toe... all down my shirt, all over my freshly washed jeans [and since i have no drier and it takes two full days for the wretched things to dry, this is a HUGE deal...] and all over my wonderfully cute green suede slippers... grrrr - but all is well, things can be washed and shoes can be fixed... i guess they'll just smell better now... or something?

third pseudo-weird thing: so i wake up at about 4am because my i-just-brushed-my-teeth-breath has apparently worn off and my breath [you know? the stale alcohol breath you get even if you've only had one drink? yeah... that's the breath i'm talking about...] has actually woken me up because of it's unpleasantness and the fact that i couldn't really sleep well... so i get up to go brush my teeth and on my way to the bathroom [all of four or five steps from my mattress on the floor, mind you], i trip over a person... who? you might ask... it's my roommate... he's apparently decided that his bed is uncomfortable and had taken a liking to the cool comfort of the tile floor and has positioned himself with his feet and shins in closet and the rest of his body in our 'hallway' - the tiny little narrow space between the main room of the apartment and the bathroom... ... when i suggested that he get back in bed, he shook his open hand at me and said 'no no no, i'm fine right here...' the 'right here' he emphasized by pointing to the floor/himself several times ... and then he passed out... i enjoyed a little chuckle and then brushed my teeth again and went to sleep...

speaking of sleep... i'm nursing a terribly miserable cold and i think i'm heading home to go sleep for a bit... hopefully the whole night... ciao ciao...

No comments: